Friday, December 26, 2014

This Christmas,



I'm really starting to agree more when people say as we grow older, our tastebuds and viewpoints in life change slowly. You might not notice it at first, but it'll hit you once it has fully taken over.

I used to hate the fatty part of a pork belly, I eat it anyway now. I used to hate fish roe, I eat it anyway now. I used to have my coffee with sugar as a compulsory, I have it as bitter as possible now.
Change is not that bad sometimes, it's refreshing to see/feel things from another angle.



Speaking about coffee, I got a Nespresso machine as a x'mas+belated birthday gift last night! Everyone would know how stoked I am as I'm a hopeless caffeine addict. I cannot get by a day without starting it with coffee and and fueling my caff-o-meter with a few more cups down the day. I should really be owning a Nespresso machine way earlier but I never got to as I find it to expensive to splurge on myself like that. Imagine all the food I can eat with that money! Explains the size now haha..
And I've always found it more fulfilling to splurge on my loved ones and see the smiles on their faces when I get them something they like. It's so nice to know you can make someone's day! If I spend it on myself I'll prolly mope over it a few days hating on why I spent so much on myself.
I actually just hated on myself a few weeks back spending on an impulse buy that is a $150 bag. Now you know how stringent  I am on myself.

And I have absolutely no idea why would people think I'm high maintenance. How do you judge how high or low their maintenance is just by looking at them? I would wish I'm a high maintenance girl actually, it would mean I'm rich and I be getting paper and throwing them around like flowers in the air.
I used to feel appalled and slightly insulted as I've never meant to portray that kind of image. But it doesn't affect me as much now. I just take it as I carry myself off very well *inserts shameless laugh*

Oh yes shoes. I guess the only thing that I'm willing to splurge on myself and not feel bad is shoes. I used to be on a shoe rampage and buy a pair of two every month. And my mom used to complain all the time how we have no space for my unnecessary indulgence. It's been a quiet few months now, I think I'm doing good in shoe rehab :D

Okay.... it's been hours and it's still raining cats and dogs. I'm still sipping on my now cold coffee and sitting among all my other X'mas gifts, reading through gift cards and admiring all my presents. I LOVE how every present is so me and I couldn't help giving a happy clap looking at it all.



It's very nice to know that every gift is bought with the giver thinking of you. This is why I've always loved gifts and presents during every occasion and not cash presents. Cash presents are only acceptable during Chinese New Year, which by then I would also love the giver to be thinking of me and wrapping me a big fat juicy ang bao, to fund my yearly losing streak at the gambling table hahaha.

Damn, I have to head down to check the letter box now. My parcel that was supposed to arrive 4 days ago is late and I'm late in giving my present out! I totally jinxed myself when I proudly exclaimed I have never received my parcels late nor lost them in transit when shopping online overseas. Me and my big mouth...

Oh and I was a unicorn for x'mas hehe 

No comments:

Post a Comment