Monday, June 22, 2015

25,

Well it's been a great week.

These 2 girlfriends who I brought together kicked off better than I thought. They planned a surprise staycation at Orchard Hotel for me which I did not expect at all. I genuinely believed that we were heading to the country club for swim, have a dinner and the highlight was the sleepover at Debbie's new place. Can't believe I actually believed we were stopping by Orchard Hotel to collect their payment for their rental equipments. 

And my colleagues attempted a surprise for me too on the pretext of a cafe-hopping-over-lunch day. But I wasn't that dense yet hahaha, it's impossible for them to not celebrate my birthday when we always do with each other. Ok that sounded a little too confident, imagine they secretly hated me and there really was no surprise, LOL.
But they did got me with the cake, I mean tart. I was quite touched actually, I mentioned a few months back I would love a fruit tart for my birthday and tadah!
And another move I didn't expected was, a cake smash. Yup. It's called Karma btw.
Ok you can't really see the mess cuz it's jelly all over my face, and in my nose. 

Oh and Peiling handmade me a card and I LOVE IT. I don't think I've emphasized enough how much I love written cards, I love the effort and thought people put into it. What I didn't love was that she wrote my age wrongly, age is such a sensitive number now that I've hit the quarter life period. But I forgive her, because she mixed up her own age first therefore mixing up mine hahahaha.

Then it was dinner with my Aunt and family over at a new steamboat place I can't wait to bring my friends over to. So much better than HDL, so so much..
I told my aunt I didn't want any present from her, a dinner meal with them is actually quite a treat already as I've rarely had time with them anymore, guilty.
But my aunt being as awesome as she is, got me an iPhone6. Fully equipped with tampered glass and casing gifted to me. Even more guilty now. And she also had a surprise cake in stored for me, but the waitress kinda ruined it. But we all tried to salvage the situation with me squealing in 'surprise' when the cake came up, happy ending! Haha

A day before my actual birthday I had dinner with the same gang I've spent all my birthdays with at Five Bar. Teppei was my main aim for holding it there, their Kaisendon is to die for.. And the above picture shows the impending doom I'm about to face. ANOTHER CAKE SMASH WTF. I think it's rather obvious who's the culprit, just look at the pic and you can see who thoroughly enthu about his mission. I shall patiently wait my turn for revenge.
There wasn't any picture evidence left of all the chaos that happened as it was all going on live on Snapchat, which stepped into history as soon as 24hrs was up. What was left was me and my heavily creamed hair tied into a bun by my girls who were all over me cleaning me up before this. Yall 何苦呢? 

 
What I thought was supposed to be a hi tea session followed by some sweating it out at the Trampoline Park turned out to be ANOTHER SURPRISE STAYCATION!!!! And it was at somewhere I've been dying to book a stay at, Lloyd's Inn!! This place was impossible to book as I tried to also get a room for the BFF's bday in July but no rooms were available, I have no freaking holy moly idea how did she manage to get a room. And how the Monsterz managed to pull all of this off, omg I still feel like screaming out loud every time I think of the surprise unfolding. 
Rainee came up with some lame reason which I totally fell for, her sister had some privilege card to skip the queue or booking at the trampoline park so we had to make a trip to pick up the card before we head to Fullerton for hi-tea with the rest of the girls. And I was suuuuuuuuper full of envy that her sister got a 'staycation' there, I remember trailing in Lloyd's inn behind Rainee and just whined at how gorgeous this place is and that i'll a book a stay here soon and I couldn't quit yabbering. When Rainee got her 'sister' to open the door, I stepped in and I think for the next minute the only words I got out of my mouth was just OH MY GOD. 
We spent the rest of my birthday frolicking in the pool, having cheap and bad food in town, back to the hotel and bonded over drinks and cake and junk food, then falling asleep with 5 of us on a queen sized bed. This was the best birthday I had in years. The greatest gift I got from them was, them. I really wouldn't ask for more. 

This year's birthday holds a different meaning for me. I'm slowly learning to appreciate myself more, to love myself more before others could. Every other year I actually dread having my birthday, organizing dinners just for the sake of it and worrying over every detail, how people would feel bored or unhappy and dread it as much as I did. 
I knew there wasn't a need for all the that, I couldn't help it as I'm a worry-er as much as an overthinker. I'm slowly learning to let go of things I can't control and just appreciate what I have. 

And that sums up my 25th birthday celebrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment